!!

Avis aux invités: certaines sections de ce forum ne sont accessibles qu'aux membres inscrits.

Pour vous inscrire, il suffit de remplir ce formulaire. Quelques exemples de sections auxquelles vous n'avez pas accès pour l'instant: - L'atelier - Présentation des membres et de leurs Porsche - Partenaires et Guide des bonnes adresses - Petites annonces de pièces détachées

Auteur Sujet: 931 wiperwide Martini  (Lu 2290 fois)

Hors ligne Nelson

• Membre intoxiqué
931 wiperwide Martini
« le: 13 Avril 2015, 22:20:37 »
http://bringatrailer.com/2015/04/08/martini-superwide-holbert-racing-1980-porsche-924-turbo/

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=41066&highlight=&sid=03814b7a2bb7116e6de99706980c2363
Citation de: emoore924

Summary:   

This is a rare opportunity to own a very special and unique car. In nearly 30 years of Porsche ownership, I have NEVER seen another. It is 1980 series 1 924 Turbo (931) with a fiberglass Holbert Racing Superwide body kit and spectacular euro Martini striping. Limited slip 5-speed G31 transmission. Black interior in great condition with sport seats. This is a Series 1 924 turbo so no DITC sensor problems. There is NO rust. I’d say the car is in decent “driver” condition and has been meticulously maintained for more than a decade by a true 924 enthusiast. You can handily embarrass your 944 turbo, Cayman S and 911 friends as it is very, very fast. A wolf in wolf's clothing.

History:

Based on my research, in the late 1980’s a very small number of these cars were built by Holbert’s race shop in Warrington, Pa. The kits were based on their C-production SCCA bodies. The fenders on this car are race-thickness fiberglass (thin! light!) and 2” wider on each side than a 944’s bodywork, hence the “Superwide” designation. The front and rear bumpers are fiberglass as well. A LeMans Carrera GT spoiler was added to the rear hatch. A larger oil cooler was added as was an air-air intercooler. Carrera GT headlights and euro driving lights were added. And, a bold, beautiful Martini stripe on each side tops it all off.

Some features of this particular car:

•   BBS 9x15 and 11x15 3-piece wheels. 225/50 and 285/40 tires. The three piece BBS wheels are fully refurbished and spectacular.
•   Rare Carrera GT spec 6.10 K26 turbo.
•   Limited slip G31 5-speed.
•   Billy Boat B&B 3” stainless steel cat-back exhaust
•   Currently configured with a PWR air-water barrel intercooler, pump and radiator.
•   Audi 5000 large throat throttle body.
•   Calloway micro-fueler computer. This is the same Calloway that you all know and love. The computer adds fuel via a 5th injector bung in the intake manifold when the car comes on boost.
•   Jet-hot coated, upgraded 596 exhaust manifold.
•   Black leather manual high-bolster sport seats with period-correct blue plaid inserts.
•   Boost controller
•   Green-faced gauges (unique to the 1980 924 turbo)
•   Virtually uncracked, original dash.
•   Added VDO gauge package including boost, oil temp and a/f ratio
•   Any original parts removed were retained. Everything that came with the car goes with the car.
•   50,901 actual miles.
•   Currently registered as a Pennsylvania antique car

Additional information:

My philosophy has been to preserve the originality and patina of the car rather than make it perfect so I’d say the exterior is 7/10, especially regarding some light cracking in the right rear quarter panel where the fender flare is attached. It has been this way the whole time I've owned the car but I think it would be an easy repair if you want to do it.

Also, the nose is rather low and has taken a beating over the years. Rather than replace it I have chosen to preserve and repair it as I feel this speaks best to the story of this car. The interior is very good as are the mechanicals. Upgrades (like the PWR intercooler for example) were made to improve reliability, performance or drivability and all original parts were retained.

I’ve cherished this car since 2003 and reluctantly I must find the next curator for this important and fun-to-drive 924/931. I have clear title in my name ready for transfer. Mileage is true and correct and all documentation for the vehicle is included with the sale. Sadly, I have not driven it much in the past several years and so, in anticipation of sale, I have engaged my trusted Porsche shop to freshen the car for the benefit the new owner. A current PPI is available to bona fide buyers.

Offered for sale at $23,000 obo. 

Ancillaries:

•   As with any older car, sale is AS-IS, WHERE IS
•   A significant spares package is available and can be negotiated at additional cost.
•   I will ship to USA or worldwide.
•   Buyer to make all shipping arrangements.
•   I will release the vehicle and documentation when wire transfer has cleared my bank.
•   Any in-person sale is USD$ cash-on-the-hood only.
•   Clear PA title in my name in hand and ready to go. Car is located in Holbert country outside of Philadelphia PA

If not sold prior, weather permitting, I plan to display the car at the Hershey swap meet on April 18th 2015 and will be there in person to answer any questions.

I am a 28-year PCA member, Porsche owner and enthusiast.

Please PM with any questions.

The hood is unlatched...

From the Holbert Racing catalog:

Hors ligne Whiskas

Re : 931 wiperwide Martini
« Réponse #1 le: 13 Avril 2015, 22:33:48 »
belle trouvaille!  :shock: :enaccord6:

le catalogue, conservé dans mes favoris depuis quelques années:

http://members.rennlist.com/944sandmore/Holbert.htm

;)
206GTI 2001/ Ducato Adria Club 2007/Express 1.4i TPMR 1993
Ex:924'81/951'89/944S2'91/924'83

Hors ligne fifai

• Chef d'atelier
    • méca porsche 924
« Réponse #2 le: 14 Avril 2015, 08:42:36 »

J'en connais qui vont apprécier les sièges sport à tissus écossais ;)

Hors ligne Bruno Brazil

• Membre pilier
  • Pays: France
« Réponse #3 le: 14 Avril 2015, 14:35:29 »
En tout cas, le prix demandé (23.000 $) fait débat, tout simplement car il ne s'agirait pas d'une "vraie" holbert, mais juste une 24 turbo avec la carrosserie en fibre et les jantes BBS... Perso je ne connais pas suffisamment le sujet pour émettre une opinion valable, mais bon, la voiture a vraiment l'air cool, les jantes valent une blinde, alors, même si ce n'est pas 23.000 (il dit bien "OBO", je pense que 15 ou 16 ne me choqueraient pas.

Hors ligne Fuzz

• Membre pilier
« Réponse #4 le: 18 Avril 2015, 08:20:49 »
A ce prix, ils auraient pu réparer la fissure sur le spoiler (fissure au milieu)
944 S2 cab 1990 blanc alpin
ex 944 phase 2 85 blanc alpin ex 924 bleue 83

Hors ligne olivier31

• The defense department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid
  • Membre intoxiqué
« Réponse #5 le: 18 Avril 2015, 09:36:26 »
Cet intérieur est superbe  :enaccord6:
Pour 20 boules je préfère largement ça a une 3.0 irrécupérable   :merci:
Corvette C6 LS2 Victory Edition
Ex BMW M235i 326cv /944S / Elise S2 RaceTech / 996 carrera M030 & 220/ Mini Cooper S / Z3 coupé 2.8 et des 2 roues qui pissent le feu 🔥